Shashankasana or the “Hare Pose” is so called as the asana resembles a hare in the final position including Benefits of relaxation, relieving of depression and a good upper body stretch.
- Sit on your knees with palms on thighs. Close eyes and relax, but keep spine and head straight.
- Inhale deeply and lift arms above head, keeping them straight and shoulder-width apart.
- As you breathe out, bend forward from the hips, keeping arms and head in a straight line.
- Hands and forehead should eventually rest on the floor in front of your knees.
- Bend your elbows, so that arms are fully relaxed and hold for five seconds.
- Then breathe in and slowly raise arms and body back to the upright position.
- Exhale and return your palms to the top of your thighs.
- Repeat this process for 5 to 10 rounds depending on time and comfort.
- Relaxes the mind and relieves from depression.
- Tones the pelvic muscles and relieves from sciatic pain.
- Helpful in sexual disorders.
- It gives to upper body a good relaxing stretch.